Location: Jiangyin, Wuxi, China
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Aldwych seeks a qualified Teacher of Music with English National Curriculum experience to engage and enthuse our students to fulfill their potential.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a dynamic and creative approach to teaching. They must be confident in utilising technology to enrich students’ learning and be committed to developing a bilingual curriculum. They must be prepared to teach Early Years through to Year 6 and be familiar with the Development matters and English National Curriculum expected competencies in the area of Music and Expressive Arts. All teachers at Aldwych school are expected to develop independent learning and use both formative and summative assessment to advance student learning.
Candidates should also demonstrate their willingness to help students achieve their best and a will be expected to contribute to a vibrant extra-curricular programme.
We are seeking professionals that:
- hold a Bachelor of Education degree or hold a PGCE with the relevant Bachelor's Degree.
- have experience and excellent knowledge of teaching the ENC (min 2 years’ teaching experience is essential).
- enjoy a professionally-stimulating environment.
- promote an organised and inspiring learning environment.
- want to play a part in the extra-curricular life of a busy international school.
- offer enthusiasm and can manage students in a positive manner
- integrate technology into their teaching practice.
- reflect and continually strive to improve their practice.
- have had experience working with EAL students
We will provide:
- an excellent salary and retention bonus.
- annual travel allowance.
- international worldwide medical cover.
- bursaries for accompanying children.
- a professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- the chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- opportunities for promotion and development both within the school and BSF.
If the opportunity to work in a dynamic school, in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Application and Interview Process
The closing date for application is 31st January 2019.
The first stage interviews will be conducted by Skype or telephone. Final interviews will take place in London (alternative arrangements will be made for candidates who cannot attend in person).
The British Schools Foundation (BSF) and all BSF schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS.